What to Expect When You Visit the Embassy:
- All regular services are by appointments only. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you will not be allowed to enter without an appointment. Please make an appointment online here [link] before you come for the services.
- We suggest arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for security checks at the Embassy entrance.
- When you arrive, let the guards know that you have an appointment with the American Citizen Services Unit. You will be asked to show original photo ID.
- You will be asked to pass through a metal detector.
- ACS services clients may bring one mobile phone per family. You will be asked to switch it off and leave it in a storage cabinet after entering the Embassy compound. The storage cabinets are only for ACS applicants, not for visa applicants.
- Please leave all other electronics (iPads, laptops, tablets, cameras, smart watches, etc.) at home, as they are not allowed inside the Embassy. Luggage is also not allowed. Weapons are not allowed.
- Once you enter the compound, you will be directed to the Consular Section. Inside the Consular Section, you will find the American Citizen Services Unit’s waiting room at the very end of the main waiting area. Our staff will be expecting you at one of the ACS windows.