Location: Chittagong district; possible heavy rains country-wide.
Event: There is a cyclone system developing in the Bay of Bengal. The storm is currently expected to make landfall in the late evening hours of May 29 or early morning hours of May 30. Expect heavy rains and strong winds with possible flooding, landslides, power outages, and difficult travel conditions in Chittagong district. Expect increased rainfall levels and winds throughout the country.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to Chittagong until the storm has dissipated.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Visit the Joint Typhoon Warning Center and Tropical Storm Risk websites for updated storm tracking information.
- S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh – (88) 02 5566 2000
- State Department, Consular Affairs – (888) 407-4747 or (202) 501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter