The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy Dhaka is located at: Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh. Those attempting to access the Consular Section should come to the Madani Avenue (north) side of the Embassy and enter the Embassy through Gate 2 near Park Road.
All regular American Citizen Services (ACS) are by appointment only. No walk-in appointments or inquiries will be accepted. Please click on Online Appointments to make your ACS appointment online.
ACS is closed on American and Bangladeshi holidays.
No appointment is necessary to pick up issued federal benefits checks and tax refund checks. Walk-in for Checks pick up is on Tuesdays (only) between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
What to Expect When You Visit the Embassy:
- All regular services are by appointments only. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you will not be allowed to enter without an appointment. Please make an appointment online here before you come for the services.
- We suggest arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for security checks at the Embassy entrance.
- When you arrive, let the guards know that you have an appointment with the American Citizen Services Unit. You will be asked to show photo ID.
- You will be asked to pass through a metal detector. Cameras, mobile phones, laptops and any other small electronic devices, with features such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, audio and video recording, global positioning system (GPS), and cellular phone, smart watches and any wearable electronic devices are not allowed inside the embassy. No storage exists for consular customers’ personal items. Please make arrangements to leave these items at home or with a friend or relative. Luggage is also not allowed.
- Once you enter the compound, you will be directed to the Consular Section. Inside the Consular Section, you will find the American Citizen Services Unit’s waiting room at the very end of the main waiting area. Our staff will be expecting you at one of the ACS windows.
We will work to respond to all non-emergency voicemails and emails by the end of the next business day.
In case of Emergency:
The American Citizen Services Unit does not require appointments for emergencies. Emergencies may include, but are not limited to, loss or theft of a passport, denial of freedom to travel, forced marriage, or medical or financial emergencies.
If you are a U.S. citizen with an emergency, please call (880) (2) 5566-2000 during business hours Sunday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For emergency assistance outside of business hours you may call (880) (2) 5566-2000, press “0”, and ask to speak with the duty officer. You may be asked for your reason for calling; this is to better help the operator in directing your call.
The email for American Citizen Services Unit is DhakaACS@state.gov.