Minor Passport Renewals

All regular American Citizen Services (ACS) are by appointment only. Once you have completed the online application, please click on Online Appointments to make your ACS appointment online.  We suggest you read the following requirements before you make an appointment for passport services.

You should follow these requirements if you meet the following qualifications:

  • You are under the age of 16, AND
  • You have been previously issued a U.S. passport in your name, AND
  • You can submit your previously issued valid or expired un-mutilated passport, AND
  • The revised Form DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport, which includes the requirement for customers to submit a photocopy of their primary citizenship evidence along with a certified copy from the U.S.Primary citizenship evidence for this initiative consists of U.S. birth certificates, naturalization certificates, citizenship certificates, and consular reports of birth abroad (CRBAs).
  • Note: While filling out the form DS-11, you cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States.

Application Requirements

  1. Completed online passport application form DS-11 (Note: While filling out the form, you cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States.). You must complete and submit the form online. Then print a copy to bring to your appointment.
  2. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (showing both parents’ names):A U.S. birth certificate, OR
    A U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad, OR
    A U.S. Certification of Birth, OR
    A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship, OR
    A U.S. Naturalization Certificate.
  3. Your current U.S. passport, valid or expired
  4. Child’s social security number
  5. Photo identification for both parents such as:Current U.S. or foreign passport, OR
    U.S. Naturalization Certificate, OR
    Valid U.S. driver’s license, OR
    Current military identification (with photograph), OR
    Current U.S. government identification (with photograph), OR
  6. If applicable, signed and notarized statement of consent (DS-3053) or completed Statement of Exigent/Special Circumstance (DS-5525).
  7. One photograph for the application. Click here for more information.
  8. You should bring legible photocopies of all the supporting documents with you.
  9. Please bring age progression photographs showing your child’s growth from the photograph in the passport to the time of application.  Please try to have at least one picture for each year.
  10. Passport Fee .  Fees must be paid in cash, and are payable either in United States Dollars or in equivalent Bangladeshi Taka.
    Post does not provide any File Search Service, Expedite Service and Overnight Delivery.  
  11. A consular officer may also request additional documents in support of your application at the time of your application submission.

Special Circumstances for Minors Under 16

Children under 16 (formerly 14), at the time of application, must appear in person, and both parents need to be present and provide unequivocal consent to passport issuance by signing the application in front of the consular officer.  In the event that one parent is unavoidably unable to be present at the time of the interview, that parent must submit a signed and notarized statement of consent (DS-3053) in order for the child to be issued a U.S. passport. The consent must be in the English language and can be notarized by any American notary or at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad.

In the event that only one parent can provide consent for the passport application, the applying parent must complete the form (DS-5525): Statement of Exigent/Special Circumstances. The applying parent should also be prepared to supply any applicable legal or custody documents that support the explanation of circumstances.