Applicants 16 years or older applying for their first 10-year validity passport should follow this process.
All regular American Citizen Services (ACS) are by appointment only. Click here to make your ACS appointment online. Be sure to read the following requirements before you make an appointment for passport services.
Please note: Applicants ages 16 and older who currently hold a U.S. passport with five years validity must apply in person using Form DS-11. You can download the form here. Passports for applicants ages 16 and older are valid for 10 years.
- Completed DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport
- Please complete the form online by using the form filler option. To complete the “Emergency Contact” section, you must list someone in the United States. Once the form is completed, please submit and bring a printed copy to your appointment.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- This can include a U.S. Birth certificate, a U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a U.S. Certificate of Citizenship, or a U.S. Certificate of Naturalization.
- Proof of Identity
- Examples include a current U.S. passport (valid or expired), a valid U.S. driver’s license with a clearly identifiable color photograph and signature, or a valid U.S. or state government identification card.
- Name Change Documentation (only if applicable)
- If the name you currently use is different from that on your citizenship or identity documents, you will need to show evidence of your official name change.
- Passport Photo
- One photograph taken within the last six months is required for the application. Click here for more information about passport photo requirements.
- Passport Fee
- Fees must be paid in cash, and are payable either in U.S. dollars or in equivalent Bangladeshi taka.
You should bring legible photocopies of all the supporting documents with you. If additional documents are needed to support your application, a consular officer may request them at the time of your application submission. It is best to come prepared as Post does not provide any File Search Service, Expedite Service and Overnight Delivery.