Renew a 10-year valid passport by Mail
You must answer YES to all of the following to be eligible to renew your passport by mail:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book was issued.
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago.
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration.
- The U.S. passport book that I am renewing has not been mutilated, damaged, lost or stolen.
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application.)
- I am currently in Bangladesh.
If you answered with ‘Yes’ to all the questions above, you are eligible to apply by mail to renew your 10-year U.S. passport. No need to schedule an appointment or come in-person at the Embassy.
Mail-in Application requirements:
- A completed DS-82 Checklist (PDF 204 KB) and a copy of the checklist.
- A signed hard copy of the completed DS-82 online application form. All passport forms are available here.
- Two 2×2 passport photos for the application. Click here for more information on photo basics.
- Passport fee payment: $130 for passport book. There are two ways you can pay your adult passport renewal fees:
i) Online fee payment: All adult passport renewal applicants who are eligible to use a DS-82 may submit payment for their passport application fees online via the U.S. government’s secure payment site Pay.gov at Pay.gov – DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Application Fee Payment Form (2) using the following payment methods:
- U.S. or international credit or debit card
- Electronic funds transfer from a U.S.-based bank account
- Amazon Pay
- After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you submit.)
ii) Payment order or a bank draft from a local bank: You may submit payment for your passport application fee as payment orders or bank drafts drawn from a bank in
Bangladesh. Take a print out and bring with you a copy of the payment instructions (PDF 166 KB) with you when visiting the bank.
NOTE: To renew only a passport book, applicants may use either the Pay.gov or local bank option. To renew a passport book together with a passport card, applicants must use the local bank option. Also, note that processing time for passport card is longer than passport book. You would may have to go to the courier office twice for document collection.
Once the passport application package is ready, the applicant or an authorized person can submit the package to the one of the courier locations below.
When applying by mail, send us your application package through Saimon Global Ltd. at the following addresses. Please note that the Consular Section is not responsible for your documents and fees submitted to the courier. All passports must be picked up from Saimon Global Ltd.
House 4A, Road 22, (Ground Floor)
Phone: +88 09606 556657
Ayub Trade Center (5th Floor)
1269/B Shekh Mujib Road
Phone: +88 09606 556657
1/A Ananda Tower (Ground Floor)
Jail Road, Sylhet-3100
Phone: +88 09606 556657
The courier fee for submitting your completed application package at one of Saimon Global Ltd.’s offices is BDT 575 (15% VAT is included).
- Your application will not be accepted without your most recent U.S. passport. Please submit your most recent U.S. passport along with your application, it will be cancelled and returned by mail along with your new passport. Valid visas in the submitted passport will not be cancelled.
- The Embassy provides neither expedited services nor overnight delivery. If you have a travel plan within this time, please plan accordingly before your application submission.
- Print the form, but please do not use two-sided printing.
- When completing the “Mailing address” section on our forms, list an address in Bangladesh.
- When completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms, please list an emergency contact in the United States.
- Wearing eyeglasses in passport photos is not allowed.
- During the processing period, a Consular Officer may also request additional documents in support of your application.
Passport Delivery or Pick Up
- When your new passport is ready for pick up, you will receive a notification email from the Embassy.
- Upon receiving this email, if you have not submitted your old U.S. passport along with your passport renewal application then immediately submit your old U.S. passport to the Saimon Global Ltd. office for cancellation. Once the Embassy cancels your old passport, you may collect the canceled old passport and the new passport within 1-2 days from the Saimon Global Ltd. office. Don’t forget to bring your receipt with you.
- As always, you have the option of allowing an authorized person to pick up your passport on your behalf. The authorized person must bring a government issued ID and will need to complete the authorization form.
- Please see below courier fees for picking up your passport: Saimon Global Ltd., Dhaka: BDT 345 (15% VAT is included)
Saimon Global Ltd., Chittagong: BDT 575 (15% VAT is included)
Saimon Global Ltd., Sylhet: BDT 575 (15% VAT is included
Have further questions? Email us at DhakaACS@state.gov