Note: The U.S. Embassy remains open for business.
Event: The Government of Bangladesh announced on July 18, 2020 that effective Thursday, July 23, all Bangladeshi citizens departing from any airport in Bangladesh on any airline must show COVID-19 PCR test results at the time of check-in. The Embassy has confirmed this requirement does not apply to U.S. citizens.
The official notice from the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh can be downloaded at this link in both English and Bangla:http://caab.gov.bd/circul/3150ctc.pdf
Please note that private airlines may have their own testing requirements. If you are planning to depart Bangladesh, please check with your airline to determine whether you will need to present a COVID-19 test result.
Further Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You can contact the U.S. Embassyin Dhaka, Bangladesh, located on Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays, during weekends, or after-hours for emergencies U.S. citizens can call (88) (02) 5566-2000 and press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter.