Note: The U.S. Embassy remains open for business.
Event: The Government of Bangladesh has authorized the resumption of limited international commercial flights. Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Emirates, and Qatar Airways have resumed flights, and Turkish Airlines is scheduled to resume flights in July. U.S. citizens wishing to travel should contact the airlines directly to purchase a seat.
The U.S. Embassy has learned GD Assist Ltd. is tentatively arranging a flight from Dhaka to New York (JFK) on July 4, 2020. Those interested in travelling should email them at email@example.com. The U.S. Embassy is not involved in chartering this flight and cannot assist with securing seats.
Further Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy, Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh – (88) 02 5566 2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.