U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2022 Study of United States Institute (SUSI) Scholars Program. This U.S. Department of State six-week long intense post-graduate level academic exchange program provides scholarships for highly motivated mid-career scholars and professionals generally from institutions of higher education or research-focused organizations (not-for-profits, think tanks, etc.) to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The goal of the program is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the United States at academic institutions in Bangladesh
The SUSI Scholars Program will take place at various colleges, universities, and academic institutions throughout the United States over the course of six weeks beginning in or after June 2022. Scholarships will be offered under the following six thematic institutes which will include a four-week academic residency component and up to two weeks of an integrated study tour to another region of the United States:
The Institute on American Culture and Values will provide highly motivated foreign university faculty and other specialists with a deeper understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions.
- The Institute on Journalism and Media will provide highly motivated foreign journalism instructors and other related specialists with a deeper understanding of the role that journalism and the media play in U.S. society. The Institute will examine the role of journalists in recognizing and preventing disinformation and will explore strategies for media and information literacy to counter disinformation.
- The Institute on Religious Pluralism in the United States will provide experienced foreign university faculty, scholars, researchers, and religious leaders with a deeper understanding of U.S. society and culture, past and present, through an examination of religious pluralism in the United States and its intersection with American democracy.
- The Institute on U.S. Economics and Business will provide foreign university faculty, researchers, experts, and policymakers with a deeper understanding of key components and structures of the U.S. economy.
- The Institute on S. Foreign Policy will provide experienced foreign university faculty and practitioners with a deeper understanding of new approaches to U.S. foreign policy and how U.S. foreign policy is formulated and implemented. The Institute will explain the role of key influences on U.S. foreign policy including the executive and legislative branches of government, the media, the U.S. public, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and multilateral institutions.
- The Institute on Workforce Development will provide foreign faculty and practitioners with a deeper understanding of how recent socioeconomic trends have changed the concept of work, workforce development, and career paths in the United States.
Application Information and Deadline:
Send your complete application electronically to Raihana Sultana at SultanaR1@state.gov.
Applications are due on Saturday, January 15, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. BST (Bangladesh Standard Time).
For additional information please visit https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/study-us-institutes