The U.S. Embassy would like to advise U.S. citizens of the possibility of further terrorist attacks in Bangladesh. Please give consideration to your personal security.
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that U.S. government personnel are not permitted to:
- Visit public places
- Travel on foot, motorcycle, bicycle, rickshaw or other uncovered means on public thoroughfares and sidewalks
- Attend large gatherings in Bangladesh, including events at international hotels
The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to adopt similar security measures.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located at Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Weekends and After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (88) (02) 5566-2000 (press “0” and ask for the duty officer).
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
American Citizens Services