Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh (September 27, 2020)
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Note: The U.S. Embassy remains open for business.
Event: The U.S. Embassy is aware of a large, non-violent group currently gathered around the Embassy of Saudi Arabia on Road 83, Gulshan 2; we anticipate the group will continue to gather daily for an undetermined period of time. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid the area between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Security Guidance Reminder for all U.S. citizens: Practice sound personal security measures by remaining alert, being aware of your surroundings, and avoiding large gatherings. Avoid protests, demonstrations, and/or rallies. Always carry your cell phones with you.
- You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located on Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays, during weekends, or after-hours for emergencies U.S. citizens can call (88) (02) 5566-2000 and press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.