(September 12, 2020)
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Note: The U.S. Embassy remains open for business.
Event: Due to political rallies and demonstrations underway, the Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid Roads 83, 84, 86, 90 and the areas around Justice Shahbuddin Park and Unimart in Gulshan 2 until 6 a.m. Monday, September 13, 2020.
Security Guidance Reminder for all U.S. citizens: Practice sound personal security measures by remaining alert, being aware of your surroundings, and avoiding large gatherings. Avoid protests, demonstrations, and/or rallies. Always carry your cell phones with you.
- You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located on Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays, during weekends, or after-hours for emergencies U.S. citizens can call (88) (02) 5566-2000 and press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.