U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce the launch of an online payment program for adult passport renewals for U.S. citizens in Bangladesh. Eligible applicants no longer need to appear in person at the Embassy to renew their U.S. passports.
There are now two ways for adults U.S. citizens to pay for and renew their U.S. passport by mail.
- Pay.gov: all adult passport renewal applicants who are eligible to use a DS-82 may submit payment for their passport application fees online via the U.S. government’s secure payment site Pay.gov at Pay.gov – DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Application Fee Payment Form (2) using the following payment methods:
- U.S. or international credit or debit card
- Electronic funds transfer from a U.S.- based bank account
- Amazon Pay
After a successful payment, the applicants or an authorized person may drop off the DS-82 adult renewal passport application package at one of our Document Collection
Centers – no appointment necessary. For more information at Adult Passport Renewals – U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh (usembassy.gov).
- Payment order or a bank draft from a local bank: Adult passport renewal applicants who are eligible to use a DS-82 may submit payment for their passport application fees as payment orders or bank drafts drawn from a bank in Bangladesh. More information at Adult Passport Renewals – U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh (usembassy.gov).
All eligible applicants should use one of these two options and should not schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Passport appointments are reserved for adult U.S. citizens who do not meet the eligibility requirements to renew by mail and for U.S. citizen minors using form DS-11.
You must answer YES to all the following to be eligible to renew your passport by mail:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application.
- I was at least 16 years old when my most recent U.S. passport book was issued.
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago.
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration.
- The U.S. passport book that I am renewing has not been mutilated, damaged, lost or stolen.
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application).
- I am currently in Bangladesh.
- I am only applying for a passport book (I am not applying for a passport card).
Please note, to renew only a passport book, applicants may use either the Pay.gov or local bank option. To renew a passport book together with a passport card, applicants must use the local bank option.