Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh (October 11, 2020)
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Note: The U.S. Embassy remains open for business.
Event: The U.S. Embassy is aware of large groups that are expected to gather around the Embassy of Italy on Road 74, Gulshan 2 and the GoB Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We anticipate the groups will continue to gather for an undetermined period asking for Italian visa extensions and the lifting of the travel ban for Bangladeshi travelers. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid the areas during normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Security Guidance Reminder for all U.S. citizens: Practice sound personal security measures by remaining alert, being aware of your surroundings, and avoiding large gatherings. Avoid protests, demonstrations, and/or rallies. Always carry your cell phones with you.
- You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located on Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays, during weekends, or after-hours for emergencies U.S. citizens can call (88) (02) 5566-2000 and press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.