An official website of the United States government

Re-entry Permit

A Re-entry permit allows a permanent resident or conditional resident to apply for admission to the United States upon returning from abroad during the permit’s validity without the need to obtain a returning resident visa from a U.S. Embassy or consulate.

If you plan on being absent from the United States for longer than a year, it is advisable to first apply for a reentry permit on Form I-131 in the United States. At the time of your application for a re-entry permit in the United States, you will have to request your designated USCIS office that you will be collecting your re-entry permit from the U.S. Embassy, Dhaka. Please contact us at support-bangladesh@ustraveldocs.com in order to collect your re-entry permit from the U. S. Embassy, Dhaka.

For more information, please visit: USCIS