August 31, 2020
Virtual Town Hall – U.S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh
Note: The U.S. Embassy continues to be open for business.
Event: U.S. citizens are invited to join Ambassador Miller and members of the United States Embassy for a virtual Town Hall meeting via WebEx on Monday, August 31, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. (GMT +6).
Ambassador Miller will discuss the importance of voting, provide a brief update on the COVID crisis, and respond to questions. U.S. Embassy consular staff will also be present to provide an update on the Embassy’s consular services and explain in detail the tools you can use to vote Absentee.
To join the Town Hall by Computer:
- Go tohttps://bit.ly/3gx75U5
Users can also use: https://statedept.webex.com/statedept/j.php?MTID=m0339d8d1196fb06b92c7cfa8102f7403
- If the PC already has WebEx’s app installed, select it; otherwise, click the ‘join by Browser’ link which will appear on the page.
- If asked for password – enter: America741776
- The PC will display the video from the meeting.
- Choose to “join Audio by computer” if the PC has a microphone and speakers; or
- Use the phone instructions below to get audio separately.
To join the Town Hall by Phone:
- Call +1-415-527-5035 Note: This is a U.S. toll call.
- Enter Access Code: 199 296 9321
- Enter Password: 26374227
You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located at Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays or during weekends the after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (88) (02) 5566-2000; after dialing press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- U.S. Embassy, Madani Avenue, Dhaka, Bangladesh – (88) 02 5566 2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.