October 1, 2020
Resumption of Routine American Citizen Services
American Citizen Services will resume providing limited in-person routine services to U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens will be able to schedule passport and notarial appointments online. Appointment availability is reduced to ensure the safety of our customers through proper social distancing.
Following is information on our routine services:
Adult Passport Renewals By Mail:
Minor-child Passport Renewals and First-Time Adult Passport Applications:
All children under the age of 16 or any citizen applying for their first adult passport must use form DS-11. Applicants must schedule an appointment online and apply in-person at the Embassy. For detailed information select the appropriate category from our Passport Services page.
Consular Reports of Birth Abroad:
Limited appointments are available for applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Follow the instructions here to submit a CRBA application for your child.
If you have an immediate need to travel, or another urgent circumstance, please email DhakaACS@state.gov and explain the nature of your emergency to request an emergency appointment.
American Citizen Services is open for routine services on every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday between 8:30-16:30, except for local and U.S. holidays.
If you are a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance, we are available 24/7.
- During normal operating hours, call (880) (2) 5566-2000 and ask for the American Citizen Services Section.
- After business hours, call (880) (2) 5566-2000 and dial “0” to reach the Embassy Duty Officer.
- U.S. Embassy, Madani Avenue, Dhaka, Bangladesh – (88) 02 5566 2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.