Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Event: The Internet Service providers in Dhaka have announced a planned outage of internet and data services beginning Sunday 18-Oct-2020 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and recurring at the same time every day until a lasting agreement is reached between the Dhaka City Corporations and the internet service providers. During these potential outages, you can contact the U.S. Embassy via landline +880-255-66-2000.
Recently, the Dhaka City Corporations began removing overhead wiring in the city and requiring internet and data service providers to run their wires underground. As a result, internet and cable TV may be temporarily disabled or interrupted. Because of these service interruptions, users likely will revert to cell phones which could result in an overload for the cellular network, causing failure in that service as well. Access to services at the Embassy may be limited during the outage period.
- You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located on Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays, during weekends, or after-hours for emergencies U.S. citizens can call (88) (02) 5566-2000 and press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.