ON YOUR INTERVIEW DAY AT THE EMBASSY
- On your interview day, please come to the Consular Section according to the entry date and time mentioned on your appointment letter.
- Check in with the greeters as you enter the Consular waiting room and follow their directions to the window where you will have your application and fingerprints intake.
- Please be ready to hand over your current passport, original DS-160 confirmation page, appointment letter, and CGI cash deposit slip to the fingerprint intake window.
- If you have more than one passport, please separate them before coming in for your scheduled interview. You will still need to bring all your previous passports to the interview since you may need to present them to the interviewing Consular Officer. But never staple them together.
- For fingerprinting, please be sure to keep your hands dry and clean. After your fingerprints are scanned, sit down, and wait until it is your turn to interview.
- If you are unable to come for a visa interview on the scheduled date, you will need to reschedule your appointment. You can reschedule your appointment within 12 months from the date of fee payment. If you do not come to interview within 12 months, the visa fee payment record will expire. Click here to learn more about rescheduling an appointment.
- Prepare your passport and DS-160 confirmation page to hand directly to the Consular Officer. If you are applying with multiple people, hand all passport packets together.
- To save time, only give documents to the Officer if asked. If the Officer asks for a specific document, please give him/her that specific document and only that document.
- Do not submit documents that you know to be fraudulent. Applicants are responsible for knowing whether the documents they submit are genuine and authentic. If an agent tells you to present documents, you are responsible for knowing if they are authentic and genuine. If they are not, you will be held responsible and not any third party. If the Consular Officer suspects your documents to be fake, you will be refused a visa and possibly receive a permanent ban from travel to the U.S.
- Be as detailed as possible when answering interview questions.
- If you do not agree with the Consular Officer’s decision, please do not argue with them. You are always welcome to apply again, but you should seriously assess if the circumstances that lead to your refusal have improved.
- English competency is not a requirement for getting a visa. All of the Consular Officers speak and understand Bangla and would be happy to take your interview in either language.
After The Interview:
If you are issued a visa, , the Consular Officer will instruct you on how and when to collect the visaed passport. Normally the passport and visa can be collected from the pickup location you selected when you scheduled for interview appointment. When your passport is available at the selected location you will receive an email that your passport is “Ready for Pick Up”. If you have applied as a family, only one family member needs to collect passports Visa Collection Center.
Some qualified applicants require additional administrative processing. It is impossible to predict how much time will be required for additional processing. Click here to check the status of your case.
If you are refused for a visa, the Consular Officer will return your passport immediately. You may reapply at any time by scheduling a new appointment. However, we recommend that you wait until your circumstances have changed.