Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Event: Updated Quarantine Requirements to Enter Bangladesh
The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) announced on April 25 updated quarantine requirements for entry into Bangladesh. Effective immediately, until April 28 at 11:59 p.m. BST, the following guidelines apply to passengers traveling on special flights, which the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) designated as flying to/from China, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and the U.A.E. Please note that the U.S. Embassy is currently not arranging any special flights.
- All departing and arriving passengers require a negative COVID-19 PCR test result within 72 hours of flight departure time.
- Fully vaccinated arriving passengers with vaccine and negative PCR documentation require a 14-day home quarantine.
- Partially vaccinated or unvaccinated arriving passengers with negative PCR documentation require a three-day institutional quarantine at a government-designated facility or hotel at the passengers’ own expense followed by a mandatory 11-day home quarantine, for a total of 14 days.
Please refer to the CAAB website and contact individual airlines for current information.
Bangladesh remains under lockdown until April 28 at 11:59 p.m. BST (ref: Health/Travel Alert – U.S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh (April 21, 2021)). The U.S. Embassy reminds all U.S. citizens to practice sound personal security measures which include following GoB laws and local government ordinances and to always carry a fully charged work or personal cell phone.
The U.S. Embassy will remain closed for routine U.S. citizen services for the duration of the lockdown. All U.S. citizen services appointments already scheduled for the week will be rescheduled. In the event of an immediate need for service or an emergency, please email DhakaACS@state.gov to request an emergency appointment. The Embassy will reopen U.S. citizen services appointments after the lockdown is lifted.
To receive U.S. Embassy Bangladesh updates, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): https://step.state.gov/.
Please consult the U.S. Embassy’s website (https://bd.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Bangladesh and the Department of State’s COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located at Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays or weekends the after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (88) (02) 5566-2000; after dialing press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
Further Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.