Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Event: Relaxed COVID-19 Lockdown Restrictions for Eid ul Azha
The nationwide COVID-19 lockdown restrictions will be relaxed to facilitate movement during from July 14 to 23 for the Eid ul Azha, but people must exercise caution and wear masks at all times to comply with health regulations. For updated information on flights, please consult the latest Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) circulars, and for additional lockdown information please read the full GoB circular at https://cabinet.gov.bd/. The circular is available under the “Notice Board.” Per the circular, during the eased restrictions:
1. People must wear masks and abide by all COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
2. Public transportation will operate on a limited basis.
3. Shops, stores, and malls will be open abiding by COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
4. Cattle markets will operate countrywide.
5. GoB offices will operate virtually, but private offices will remain closed.
6. Bangladesh will celebrate Eid ul Azha on July 21, with the official three-day holiday beginning July 20 and ending July 22.
The U.S. Embassy reminds all U.S. citizens to practice sound personal security measures which include following GoB laws and local government ordinances and to always carry a fully charged work or personal cell phone.
In the event of an immediate need for U.S. citizen services or an emergency, please email DhakaACS@state.gov to request an emergency appointment.
To receive U.S. Embassy Bangladesh updates, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): https://step.state.gov/.
Please consult the U.S. Embassy’s website (https://bd.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Bangladesh and the Department of State’s COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, located at Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka Bangladesh 1212, at (88) (02) 5566-2000, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except for holidays. On holidays or weekends the after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (88) (02) 5566-2000; after dialing press “0” and ask for the duty officer.
Further Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.