Event: The Government of Bangladesh is now offering COVID-19 vaccines to those who do not have a Bangladesh national ID (NID) or a locally registered birth certificate, including all foreign nationals. Individuals who have yet to receive a vaccine are encouraged to call the Bangladesh Health hotline at 16263 to identify the nearest vaccine center. Please carry a passport or another form of government-issued identification and be ready to provide a Bangladeshi mobile phone number.
Those who do not have an NID or locally registered birth certificate may not register for a vaccine via the surokkha.gov.bd vaccine portal, and as a result, would be unable to receive a Bangladeshi vaccine certificate with a QR code. Anyone vaccinated at a vaccine center, however, will receive a handwritten vaccine card to carry as proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Those interested in obtaining a booster dose may follow the procedure described above and should be ready to present proof of previous vaccination against COVID-19. Individuals become eligible for a booster dose four months after their last dose is administered.
The Government of Bangladesh’s vaccine program includes the AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, Janssen (Johnson and Johnson), Sinopharm, and Sinovak vaccines. Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States and the CDC website for information on accepted COVID-19 vaccines for entry into the United States. Please note individuals may not choose a particular vaccine at the vaccine center. The Government of Bangladesh assigns vaccines according to their availability at the time of administration.
This information is also available at the Directorate General for Health Services website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult your health provider if you have any questions about vaccines.
- Call the Bangladesh Health hotline at 16263 for information on vaccine centers and other health related queries.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- (888) 407-4747 or (202) 501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information Page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter