Event: Dhaka Airport and Town Hall Update
The Government of Bangladesh announced on March 21 it will prohibit most – but not all — incoming flights from landing at all international airports in Bangladesh. We strongly urge U.S. citizens to depart on the next available flight if you chose to travel.
Additionally, the Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The virtual Town Hall for U.S. Citizens regarding COVID-19 in Bangladesh has been rescheduled to an earlier day, Sunday, March 22 at 3:30 p.m. Directions for participating will be on the American Citizen Services website one hour before the Town Hall begins. Please submit questions in advance to DhakaACS@state.gov.
Effective March 19, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website at https://bd.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.