Event: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
U.S citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Dhaka’s Hazrat Shahajalal International airport is operational, although flight schedules in and out of Bangladesh have been reduced. Travelers are urged to check with the airlines about any travel restrictions as well as with the Government of Bangladesh regarding medical certificates that may be required in order to travel. The Embassy of the United States in Bangladesh does not provide medical certificates for travelers.
U.S. citizens planning on travel to Bangladesh are urged to check with Bangladeshi government and immigration authorities about medical certificate requirements needed for entry into Bangladesh. The Government of Bangladesh requires all visitors from COVID-19 affected countries, including the U.S. to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Bangladesh.
The Embassy of the United States in Bangladesh does not provide medical services. If you are in need of medical services, please visit our American Citizen Services website for a list of physicians and hospitals.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 19, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website at https://bd.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.