March 23, 2020
Event: The Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport remains open with limited flights.
U.S. citizens and their family members attempting to depart Bangladesh should continue to work to secure a ticket on a commercial flight. If you are an American citizen and have been unable to secure a commercial flight, please send the following information to DhakaACS@state.gov with the word “Flight” in the subject line:
Number of U.S. Citizens in Party/Group:
Airlines with flights from Bangladesh to the United States, websites, and customer service telephone numbers are below:
Biman Airlines (from March 26)
Cathay Pacific (from March 26)
+8802 9846801, +8802 9883583
+8802 9891259 ext 140-143
(800)767-3598, (880) 288-791-3146
Be advised that Thai Airways is requiring a health certificate and lab test showing that each passenger does not have COVID-19, issued within 72 hours prior to the date of departure, as well as proof of health insurance showing a minimum of 100,000 USD in Thailand and covering COVID-19. The U.S. Embassy cannot provide these documents.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- S. Embassy Dhaka, Bangladesh – (88) 02 5566 2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter