Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program 2021-2022 Announcement
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m. BST Saturday, March 6, 2021
The American Center at U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) program. This program is a six-week exchange program for secondary-level school teachers. The program will take place in the Spring (February – March) or Fall (September – November) 2022.
The Fulbright TEA program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and implemented by IREX, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit organization. Participants will gain unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge about the United States. Teachers from Bangladesh will join other teachers from around the world in the United States in either the spring or fall 2022cohort. The program includes coursework and intensive training in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and teaching strategies for the participants’ home environment, as well as the use of computers for Internet, word processing, and as teaching tools. The six-week program also includes a two-week internship at a secondary school to engage participants with American teachers and students. Trips to U.S. cultural sites and academic support are provided for participants throughout the program, subject to the pandemic.
Financial provisions of this fellowship include: J-1 visa support, a pre-departure orientation held in Dhaka, round-trip airfare to and within the U.S., a Welcome Orientation in Washington, D.C., academic program fees, housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals, accident and health insurance, transportation to the internship school (if necessary), a book/professional development allowance, a closing seminar hosted by one of the Fulbright TEA host universities in the United States, the opportunity to host a U.S. teacher for two weeks, and the opportunity to apply for follow-on grants.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a secondary-level, full-time teacher with five or more years of classroom experience in disciplines including Social Studies, Civic-Education, Mathematics, English as a Foreign Language and Science
- Be a citizen of Bangladesh
- Have a valid Bangladeshi passport
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and be committed to continue teaching for at least five years after completion of the Fulbright TEA program
- Be proficient in written and spoken English. The program requires English language skills sufficient to function independently in the U.S and the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in university and professional settings
- Have general computer skills, including word processing, basic file management, and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Submit a complete online application
- A completed application form available at https://fulbright.irex.org/.
- Completed Institutional Support and Reference Forms (ISRF), completed by a supervisor; IFRS forms are available at https://fulbright.irex.org/.
- Leave Approval Form (LAF) available at https://fulbright.irex.org/.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport (information pages only, upload it at Section XV. Supplemental Documents).
- Copies of academic records (mark sheets or transcripts of graduate and postgraduates only, upload it at Section XV. Supplemental Documents).
If you experience any difficulties with the online application, please r contact Program Manager Ms.Tahnia Shahid at email@example.com
Please note this program is for current secondary-level school teachers. Ministry of Education officials, educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, university faculty, and private English-language tutors are not eligible to apply.
Short-listed candidates will be required to complete a TOEFL or IELTS test, as strong English skills are a requirement for the program. A score of 6.0 or higher on the paper based IELTS, or an equivalent English language examination score, is required to participate in the Fulbright TEA program. Candidates with valid scores will not be required to take the test again. The American Center will arrange all required testing.
Applicants must follow all application instructions and submission guidelines. Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview conducted in English. Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
And the application form including ISRF and LAF forms are available at https://fulbright.irex.org/.
Please note that the final date for receiving applications is Saturday, March 6, 2021. Previous candidates may reapply, with the understanding that this is a worldwide competition, and all applicants will go through a rigorous screening process. Finalists will be notified at the end of September 2021.
For additional information about this program, please contact Program Manager Ms. Tahnia Shahid at 02-5566-2808 or by email at Shahidtx@state.gov.