Go study in the USA the right way!
- “Sign Me Up” for weekly e-mail updates here.
- Follow EducationUSA Bangladesh on Facebook.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and to set up virtual advising.
U.S. Embassy Dhaka currently offers four EducationUSA Advising Centers.
- The American Center Dhaka
- The Edward M. Kennedy (EMK) Center for Public Service and the Arts
- American Corner Chittagong
- American Corner Khulna
EducationUSA is here to help!
Studying at an American university or college will expand your horizons and open up new opportunities for your career.
Personalized counseling, group advising programs, as well as libraries of reference guides, university catalogs, and standardized test prep materials are all available at our centers! We provide accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased information for both undergraduate and graduate programs through EducationUSA’s five steps.
- Research your options
- Finance your studies
- Complete your application
- Apply for a visa
- Prepare for departure
Our experienced EducationUSA Advisers and experts will assist you through the entire admission process; everything from selecting the right institution to writing your personal statement to filling out financial aid forms to what to pack in your suitcase.
Check Out the EducationUSA Library
EducationUSA offers six libraries across Bangladesh. In addition to the four advising centers, American Corners Rajshahi, and Sylhet each have a vast collection of helpful reference materials.
These resources include:
- Undergraduate and graduate university guides.
- Guides for post graduate and research programs.
- University catalogs.
- Updated test prep study guides for TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT I & II, ACT, GRE, GMAT, USMLE, and GED.
Join The American Center for a membership processing fees of TK. 800 for two years. You can also join the EMK Center for only TK. 500 per year or any American Corner in Bangladesh for only TK. 500 per year and gain access to all six EducationUSA Advising Centers and Libraries.
Membership privileges at EducationUSA:
- Individual counseling (by appointment).
- Test preparation Guides (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, GED, USMLE, PTE).
- Internet access for university research and communication.
Getting Started: Group Advising
EducationUSA organizes FREE (no membership required) group advising sessions about the application process.
Weekly sessions include:
- Application Requirements for Undergraduate Admissions (4-year Bachelor’s degree), known as Activity A for Undergraduate Students.
- Application Requirements for Graduate Admissions (Master’s and Doctoral programs), known as Activity A for Graduate Students.
- Graduate and Undergraduate University Search Process, known as Activity B.
After you complete two group advising sessions which are Activity A and B, make an individual appointment to meet with our expert Education Advisers to discuss your particular interests and concerns. Individual counseling is available by appointment only, Sunday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Students who have already been accepted to a U.S. university and seek advising will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
Seminars and Workshops
Hear from university representatives, admissions and test experts and American university alumni. Learn about the F-1 student visa process from U.S. Embassy Consular Officers. Get in-depth help from our workshops on TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT, ACT, GRE, and GMAT. Click here for schedule of our upcoming events.
- Picking the Right University for You.
- Understanding the Student Visa Process.
- Writing Personal Statements.
- Money: Finding Financial Aid.
- Workshops on SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, and ACT.
- Know Before you Go: Pre-departure Preparation.
U.S. Higher Education Institutions
Are you interested in visiting Bangladesh? We are here to help you!
Please send an e-mail with the subject: [Your Institution] Info Request
Click here for the most up-to-date information from the Embassy’s website about student visas.
Phone: +880 (2) 5566-2000, Ext. 2836, 2848