The Archer K. Blood American Center Library offers membership to individuals and institutions in Bangladesh.
Membership is available from age 13. Applicant must present a completed membership form and appropriate photo identification.
Application for Membership (PDF 211 KB)
The American Center
General Guidelines for Visitors
- No photos, videos, foods and drinks are allowed in the American Center.
- The membership processing fee is 800 Tk. for two years.
- MEMBERSHIP CARDs must be shown at the entrance and on demand.
- American Center membership cards are not transferable.
- If a membership card is lost, the member should immediately report the loss to the American Center reception desk. Replacement cards can be issued for 300.00 Tk.
- Inside the American Center, please keep talking to a minimum and keep voices low out of respect for other patrons. Cell phone use is not permitted in the Archer K. Blood Library, EducationUSA or in the auditorium during programs.
Borrowing Privileges from the Archer K. Blood Library
- Members may borrow up to six items (books, DVDs, or CDs) at a time. Books are loaned for two weeks; DVDs and CDs for one week. Reference items and periodicals may not be borrowed or removed from the Archer K. Blood Library.
- Books may be renewed once for additional two week loan period provided no other reader has reserved the same book.
- Borrowers should inspect the material’s physical condition before borrowing. Otherwise, no claim of prior damage will be entertained at the time of return of the book.
- An overdue fee of 5.00 Tk per item per day will be charged.
- Please handle library materials carefully. Do not write in, mark, disfigure or otherwise damage to library materials. Should damage be caused to any library materials, the borrower will be liable for the replacement cost of the item (including shipping fees), as determined by the librarian.
- If a borrowed item is lost, the borrower should immediately report the loss to the librarian. The borrower will be liable for the replacement cost of the item (including shipping charge), as determined by the librarian.
Computer User Guidelines:
- Members are eligible to use the computer free of charge. Non members pay 20.00 Tk. per hour.
- No changes or modifications to computer or software settings and configurations will be permitted and will result in termination of membership.
- Computer users MUST NOT visit any adult websites or pornography, or view, download, archive sexually explicit graphic files. Such action will result in termination of membership.
- Users MUST NOT download, install, or execute programs from the Internet or other non-authorized sources.
- DO NOT download or open executable files (.exe, .bat, .com), games, videos, or MP3 (music) files.
- DO NOT download or install any Instant Messenger (IM) and chat software.
- Media such as floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, memory cards, memory sticks, thumb drives/USB drives/flash drives, ARE NOT allowed.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in termination of membership.