Last updated: 11/03/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Travelers are requested to follow U.S., Bangladesh, and private carrier regulations during travel.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
At present, U.S. citizens can enter Bangladesh with a valid visa or a “no visa required” seal.
Visas on arrival are available. More information is available at The Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington DC – Visa on Arrival (bdembassyusa.org). Despite the availability of visa on arrival, the U.S. Embassy continues to recommend that travelers obtain their visas, or no visa required seal, as appropriate, prior to commencing travel to avoid delays at immigration.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Only for those not vaccinated in against COVID-19.
Travelers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of port of entry, can enter Bangladesh with official proof of vaccination. No PCR or any other negative COVID-19 test is required.
The government of Bangladesh defines fully vaccinated as having received a full regimen (one or two doses, as applicable) of a WHO-approved vaccine. At present, a booster dose is not required.
Travelers who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 must carry a negative COVID-19 RT PCR test report from a test taken within 72 hours of departure.
Children under age 12 are exempt from the testing and vaccination requirements but will observe the same health formalities that apply to their family members upon arrival.
Those showing symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival may be isolated and required to take an RT PCR COVID-19 test, the result of which will determine subsequent quarantine requirements.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? NoOnly travelers with COVID-19 symptoms are screened by health officials at points of entry.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Only those who show symptoms of COVID-19 and subsequently test positive must quarantine.
- For more information, read the latest circulars from the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh here.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Bangladesh? Yes
- The government of Bangladesh has provided a list of recommended COVID-19 testing facilities for international passengers here. Those wishing to get tested will have to pay for their own COVID-19 test. Results are often delivered via text message and are, in most cases, linked to a QR code.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Bangladesh approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Bangladesh for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- For more information, please visit our page for U.S. citizens interested in receiving a Government of Bangladesh-provided vaccine.
Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (CAAB) COVID-19 Updates
- Government of Bangladesh COVID-19 Information
- WHO page on Bangladesh