Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2020-21
The American Center at U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce this year’s Fulbright Foreign Student Program, which provides several grants for a fully-funded master’s degree in the United States. Preferred candidates include younger faculty from Bangladeshi universities, junior to mid-level employees of research organizations, think tanks, NGOs, and professionals from the public and private sectors. Grants will be offered for degrees in the following fields:
Business – MBA in Human Resource Management / International Business / Operations Management / Healthcare Administration
Core Sciences: Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics / Pharmacy
Economics – International Economics / Trade and Finance / Policy / Environmental / Natural Resources Economics
Education – All aspects of Higher Education Administration / Education Policy, Planning & Management / Curriculum and Instructions
Environmental Studies & Disaster Management
Fashion and Textile Design
Public Administration / Public Policy
Psychology – Clinical / Counseling
Social Sciences & Humanities: Political Science / Sociology / History /Literature/ Language and Cultural
Urban Planning: General Planning / Land Use and Environmental Planning / Transportation Systems / Urban / Community Development
Fulbright grant provisions include: round-trip airfare, tuition and related academic fees, a monthly stipend for room, board, and incidental expenses, a book allowance, health and accident insurance, travel allowance, and excess baggage allowance. The program is extremely selective—in previous years, about seven to eight grants have been made after hundreds of applications were received and reviewed.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record;
- Not have a degree from a U.S. university, or be enrolled in a current degree program;
- Not hold a master’s degree from any third country (those holding Bangladeshi master’s degrees are eligible);
- Have at least two years full-time professional experience relevant to proposed field of study;
- Have a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 80 / IELTS 7.0;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be in good health;
- Be Bangladeshi citizens residing in Bangladesh at the time of application;
- Be willing to refund the cost of a return ticket if they return home before completion of the degree.
Applicants are requested to submit the online application by Sunday, June 30, 2019. Detailed instructions to fill out the online application form and a link to the online application site are available at: https://bd.usembassy.gov/education-culture/student-exchange-programs/. Prospective candidates are highly encouraged to read application instructions thoroughly before filling out the application form.
Candidates may access the online application directly at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2020
Following supplemental forms must be uploaded and submitted through the online application by Sunday, June 30, 2019:
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates from each post-secondary institution (Bachelor’s and Master’s)
- Three Letters of Reference submitted by the referees directly to the online application
(Prospective candidates must register his / her referees through the “Recommender Registration” button available on the online application site)
- Academic Records Information Form (available on the online application site)
- Signature Form (available on the online application site)
- TOEFL / IELTS score
A competitive GRE or GMAT score is also required for admission to a master’s program in the U.S. If applicants already have such a score, those scores should be uploaded with the online application. If not available, the American Center can arrange testing for primarily selected candidates only. Prospective candidates must prepare well in advance for standardized tests (TOEFL/GRE/GMAT) since a competitive score is crucial for admission.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Ms. Raihana Sultana at the American Center, at email@example.com about any questions regarding the application procedures.