June 16, 2020
Note: The U.S. Embassy remains open for business.
Event: The Government of Bangladesh has authorized the resumption of limited international commercial flights to London and Doha. Biman Airlines and Qatar Airways intend to operate limited flights in the coming weeks, though seats may be limited. U.S. citizens wishing to travel should contact the airlines directly to purchase a seat.
The U.S. Embassy has also learned Oryx Aviation Ltd. is tentatively arranging a flight from Dhaka to New York (JFK) around June 22-23. Those interested in travelling can sign up directly on the company website: https://galaxyaviationbd.com/usacharter. The U.S. Embassy is not involved in chartering this flight and cannot assist with securing seats.
To avoid the further spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh announced until further notice all international commercial passenger flights from Bahrain, Bhutan, Hong Kong, India, Kuwait, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, and the UAE shall not be allowed to land at any airport in Bangladesh. Domestic commercial flights have resumed on a limited scale.
Travelers transiting through the UK please be advised of the following requirements:
- All arriving passengers including arriving crews/transit passengers need to fill out the online passenger locator form within 48 hours prior to arrival. Keep the electronic receipt to show at the UK airport or you may be fined up to £100 and/or may not be allowed to enter the UK.
- Passengers should visit http://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control in order to read and understand the regulations and procedures for entering the UK. Passengers intending to travel abroad must possess all valid travel documents and visas.
- Passengers should verify with the airline if they will need to pass through UK border control. For up-to-date information on self-isolation and a list of hotels in Heathrow Airport visit: https://uk.usembassy.gov/covid-19-coronavirus-information/
- Passengers should fill out this form before check-in with the airline: https://a4aero.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/biman/COVID_19_Helth_Declarion_Form.pdf (PDF 478 KB).
- Visa holders are unable to enter the United States through the UK per Presidential proclamation. For a list of exceptions and for more information visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html.
Further Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bangladesh.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy, Madani Avenue, Baridhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh – (88) 02 5566 2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bangladesh Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.