Calling all applicants for SUSI! What is SUSI you may ask? It is the Study of U.S. Institutes (SUSI) — a four-week undergraduate academic residency and a one-week integrated study tour to a region of the United States. This year’s program is Global Student Leaders on Climate Change and the Environment. Tentative dates for this program are June 22 to July 25, 2024.
On the SUSI program, Global Student Leaders participate in an intensive short-term academic program that provides undergraduate student leaders a deeper understanding of U.S. culture and leadership skills.
The five-week program will be hosted by the Northern Nevada International Center at the University of Nevada in Reno. During the academic residency, participants will take part in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom. The residency will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community.
The U.S. Embassy is committed to welcoming participants from historically underrepresented communities, including indigenous groups, people with disabilities, and ethnic minorities.
Candidates nominated for this program must:
- be a citizen of Bangladesh and have a Bangladeshi passport;
- have a strong interest in climate related issues.
- be proficient in English;
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- be in their first, second or third year of undergraduate study at the time of application;
- be committed to returning to their home universities in Bangladesh following completion of the SUSI program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- have demonstrated commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have had little or no prior study or travel experience outside of Bangladesh;
- Be prepared to share living accommodations,
- have interest in adjusting to different cultural and social practices
Please follow this link to fill out your application : Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) for Global Student Leaders Program Application Form
Don’t forget to attach the required documents to where they are required
The deadline for submission of completed applications is Saturday, December 2, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
For further information, please contact our exchange team at DhakaUSExchanges@State.gov .