What does “Invest in Our Planet” Mean to You?
U.S. Embassy Dhaka is proud to host a photo competition highlighting the Earth Day 2022 theme of Invest in Our Planet. This is an opportunity to showcase the importance of Bangladesh’s biodiversity and ecosystems, the fauna and flora that live within it, and show the innovative ways we can make a positive environmental difference. It is also an opportunity to raise awareness of the many environmental challenges in Bangladesh. Show the beauty of Bangladesh’s ecosystems or conversely, the environmental devastation wrought by natural disasters and man-made decisions. Add a caption and share your perspective on what “Invest in Our Planet” means to you. Prizes will be offered for the First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention winners. In addition, the top three winning photographs will be featured on social media and displayed in U.S. Embassy Dhaka for one month.
Photo Contest Guidelines
- All submissions must be sent to DhakaEarthDay@state.gov no later than 11:59pm on April 19, 2022. Submissions made after this time will not be accepted.
- Submissions are open to all Bangladeshi residents who are amateur photographers. Employees of Embassy Dhaka and their family members are not eligible to enter.
- Submission limit is three photos per person.
Photo Submission Guidelines
- The submission must be an original, raw, digital, high-resolution photograph, taken by the submitting contestant.
- Each photo must be in .JPG or JPEG digital format and under 10MB.
- The body of the email must also include the following information:
- Title of image
- Contact email of photographer
- Location where the photo was taken
- Date photo was taken
- A brief caption that explains how the photo relates to Earth Day and the contest theme Bangladesh Biodiversity and Ecosystems: Invest in our Planet (50 words maximum).
- Device used to capture the image.
- Each entry must clearly connect to the competition theme: “Bangladesh: Biodiversity and Ecosystems: Invest in our Planet” featuring the environmental beauty of Bangladesh (ecosystems, biodiversity, fauna and flora) or environmental devastation of the ecosystems, or innovative sustainable approaches to preserve the environment.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
- Professional photographers may not submit entries.
- All photos are subject to pre-screening to ensure compliance with these Official Contest Rules. Any photos out of compliance will not be included.
Participation in this contest is deemed as acceptance of these Official Contest Rules.
- Photos will be judged on their merit and on their connection to both the contest theme Bangladesh Biodiversity and Ecosystems: Invest in our Planet and Earth Day.
- Entries who use fraudulent methods to garner votes in the social media votes will be disqualified.
- A panel of judges will identify the top 5 entries.
- These 5 entries will be published on Embassy Dhaka’s Facebook page on Earth Day, April 22 for a public vote.
- The top five entries will receive prizes. The top three photos will also be displayed at Embassy Dhaka for one month.
Participants grant U.S. Embassy Dhaka permission to use and/or reproduce the digital image submitted to the contest.