U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2023-2024 Fulbright Foreign Student Program. The Fulbright Program is the U.S. government’s flagship international educational exchange program aimed at fostering mutual understanding between the United States and other countries around the world. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides scholarships for highly-motivated young professionals to pursue a master’s degree in the United States. Preferred candidates include junior faculty members currently working at higher education institutions in Bangladesh, and junior to mid-level employees at research organizations, think tanks, and NGOs across the public and private sectors. The Embassy welcomes applications from students of all disciplines with a special focus on university administration and curriculum development in higher education, health and medical science, biological and physical sciences, social sciences, humanities, business, economics, public policy, environmental sciences, urban planning, the arts, psychology, and security studies.
- Education: All aspects of Higher Education Administration / Education Policy, Planning and Management / Curriculum and Instruction
- Health and Medical Sciences: Medical Sciences / Public Health
- Biological and Physical Sciences: Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Pharmacy
- Social Sciences and Humanities: International Relations / Political Science / Sociology / History / Literature / Language and Culture
- Business: MBA in Human Resource Management / International Business / Operations Management / Healthcare Administration
- Economics: International Economics / Trade and Finance / Economic Policy / Environmental Economics / Natural Resources Economics
- Urban Planning: General Planning / Land Use and Environmental Planning / Transportation Systems / Urban Planning / Community Development
- Environmental Studies and Disaster Management
- Public Administration / Public Policy
- Psychology – Clinical / Counseling
- Security Studies
- Have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record from an accredited public or private university in Bangladesh.
- Not have a degree from a U.S. college/university or be enrolled in a current degree program in the United States.
- Not hold a master’s degree from any foreign country (those holding Bangladeshi master’s degrees are still eligible).
- Have at least two years of full-time professional experience relevant to the proposed field of study.
- Be fluent in English with a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 90 / IELTS 7.0.
- Be a Bangladeshi citizen residing in Bangladesh at the time of application.
- Submit a complete online application according to the program guidelines.
- A completed online application.
- Academic transcripts and certificates from each post-secondary institution attended (bachelor’s and master’s).
- Three recommendation letters submitted and uploaded by the referees onto the online application portal (prospective candidates must register their referees through the “Recommender Registration” button on the online application site).
- Academic records information form (available on the online application site).
- Valid TOEFL / IELTS score.
- Valid GRE or GMAT Score if available.
Application Information and Deadline:
Applications are due on Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (Washington D.C. time).
For submitting online application, please visit https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023/
For detailed application instructions, please visit here.
For further information, please contact Cultural Affairs Specialist, Ms. Raihana Sultana at SultanaR1@state.gov.