The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides an opportunity for highly motivated Bangladeshi students and young professionals to pursue a fully funded master’s degree program in the United States.
Application Deadline: Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. BST
DHAKA, March 04, 2021: U.S. Embassy in Dhaka is pleased to announce the application period for the 2022-2023 Fulbright Foreign Student Program is now open. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program provides an opportunity for graduate students and young professionals to pursue a fully funded master’s degree at a U.S. university. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE). The application deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year program is Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. BST.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is intended for highly motivated young professionals who wish to pursue a master’s degree in the United States. Preferred candidates include junior faculty members currently working at higher education institutions in Bangladesh, and junior to mid-level employees at research organizations, think tanks, and NGOs across the public and private sectors. The Embassy welcomes applications from students of all disciplines with a special focus on university administration and curriculum development in higher education, health and medical science, biological and physical sciences, social sciences, humanities, business, economics, public policy, environmental sciences, urban planning, the arts, psychology, and security studies.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record from an accredited public or private university in Bangladesh.
- Nothave a degree from a U.S. university, or be enrolled in a current degree program in the United States.
- Nothold a master’s degree from any third country (Please note applicants who have obtained a master’s degree in Bangladesh are still eligible.)
- Have at least two years of full-time professional experience relevant to the proposed field of study.
- Be fluent in English with a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 90 / IELTS 7.0.
- Be in good health.
- Be a Bangladeshi citizen residing in Bangladesh at the time of application.
- Be willing to refund the cost of a return ticket if they return home before completion of the degree program.
- A completed online application, available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.
- Academic Transcriptsand Certificates from each post-secondary institution attended (Bachelor’s and Master’s).
- Three Letters of Reference submitted and uploaded by the referees onto the online application portal (Prospective candidates must register their referees through the “Recommender Registration” button on the online application site).
- Academic Records InformationForm (available on the online application site).
- Valid TOEFL / IELTS score.
If you experience any difficulties with navigating the online application, please contact Program Manager Ms. Raihana Sultana at email@example.com.
Please note a competitive GRE or GMAT score is required for admission to a master’s degree program in the United States. If applicants have successfully obtained a competitive score, this information should be included in the online application. If such a score is not available at the time of submitting the application, the American Center can arrange testing for preliminarily selected candidates only. Prospective candidates must prepare well in advance for standardized tests (TOEFL/GRE/GMAT) since a competitive score is crucial for admission.
Applicants must follow all application instructions and submission guidelines. Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the interview will be conducted in English. A copy of this announcement is available at https://bd.usembassy.gov/25254/ and to find more information about our exchange programs please visit here: https://bd.usembassy.gov/education-culture/student-exchange-programs/. The application form is available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.
Financial provisions and non-monetary support for this fellowship include J-1 visa support, a pre-departure orientation held in Dhaka, round-trip airfare; tuition and related academic fees; a monthly stipend for room, board, and incidental expenses; a book allowance; health and accident insurance, travel, and baggage allowances.
Please note the final date for submitting the online application is Saturday, May 15, 2021. Previous candidates may reapply, with the understanding that this is a worldwide competition, and all applicants will go through a rigorous screening process. Finalists will be notified at the end of July 2021. The program will take place in the U.S. in August 2022.
Selected candidates must return to Bangladesh immediately upon completion of their master’s program. Upon successful completion of the program, and return to Bangladesh, all students are required to report to the U.S. Embassy Dhaka’s Public Affairs Section for a debriefing.
For additional information about this program, please contact Program Manager Ms. Raihana Sultana at 02-5566-2816 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.