Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022-2023 Announcement
Application Deadline Extended until Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. BST
The American Center at U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce the call for applications for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. This program provides graduate students and young professionals with an opportunity to pursue a fully funded master’s degree in the United States. Preferred candidates include junior faculty members currently working at higher education institutions in Bangladesh, and junior to mid-level employees at research organizations, think tanks, and NGOs across the public and private sectors. Grants will be awarded for degrees in the following fields:
- Education: All aspects of Higher Education Administration / Education Policy, Planning and Management / Curriculum and Instruction
- Health and Medical Sciences: Medical Sciences / Public Health
- Biological and Physical Sciences: Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Pharmacy
- Social Sciences and Humanities: International Relations / Political Science / Sociology / History / Literature / Language and Culture
- Business: MBA in Human Resource Management / International Business / Operations Management / Healthcare Administration
- Economics: International Economics / Trade and Finance / Economic Policy / Environmental Economics / Natural Resources Economics
- Urban Planning: General Planning / Land Use and Environmental Planning / Transportation Systems / Urban Planning / Community Development
- Environmental Studies and Disaster Management
- Public Administration / Public Policy
- Psychology – Clinical / Counseling
- Security Studies
Financial provisions and non-monetary support for this fellowship include J-1 visa support, -1 visa support, a pre-departure orientation held in Dhaka, round-trip airfare; tuition and related academic fees; a monthly stipend for room, board, and incidental expenses; a book allowance; health and accident insurance, travel, and baggage allowances.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record from an accredited public or private university in Bangladesh.
- Nothave a degree from a U.S. university, or be enrolled in a current degree program in the United States.
- Nothold a master’s degree from any third country (those holding Bangladeshi Master’s degrees are still eligible.)
- Have at least two years full-time professional experience relevant to the proposed field of study.
- Be fluent in English with a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 90 / IELTS 7.0.
- Be in good health.
- Be a Bangladeshi citizen residing in Bangladesh at the time of application.
- Be willing to refund the cost of a return ticket if they return home before completion of the degree.
- A completed online application, available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.
- Academic Transcriptsand Certificates from each post-secondary institution attended (Bachelor’s and Master’s).
- Three Letters of Reference submitted and uploaded by the referees onto the online application portal (Prospective candidates must register their referees through the “Recommender Registration” button on the online application site).
- Academic Records InformationForm (available on the online application site).
- Valid TOEFL / IELTS score.
If you experience any difficulties with navigating the online application, please contact Program Manager Ms. Raihana Sultana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note a competitive GRE or GMAT score is required for admission to a master’s degree program in the United States. If applicants have successfully obtained a competitive score, this information should be included in the online application. If such a score is not available at the time of submitting the application, the American Center can arrange testing for preliminarily selected candidates only. Prospective candidates must prepare well in advance for standardized tests (TOEFL/GRE/GMAT) since a competitive score is crucial for admission.
Applicants must follow all application instructions and submission guidelines. Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the interview will be conducted in English. The application form is available at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.
Please note the final date for submitting the online application is Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Previous candidates may reapply, with the understanding that this is a worldwide competition, and all applicants will go through a rigorous screening process. Finalists will be notified at the end of July 2021. The program will take place in the U.S. in August 2022.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Bangladesh, the program administrators will allow applicants to submit applications without a valid TOEFL or IELTS score at the time of application, as the testing centers are currently closed. We strongly recommend that candidates register for the test as soon as the testing centers are open and email the TOEFL or IELTS test report to email@example.com.
For additional information about this program, please contact Program Manager Ms. Raihana Sultana at 02-5566-2816 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.