APPLY FOR THE 2022-2023 GLOBAL UGRAD PROGRAM TODAY!
The Global UGRAD program provides current Bangladeshi undergraduate students with scholarships to study at U.S universities for a semester and acquire leadership skills by participating in community service projects and extracurricular activities.
Application Deadline: Thursday, January 6, 2022, midnight. (BST)
DHAKA, November 22, 2021: U.S. Embassy Dhaka is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2022-2023 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (the Global UGRAD Program). This program provides fully funded scholarships for outstanding Bangladeshi undergraduate students to attend a U.S. college/university for one academic semester. This international educational exchange program provides participants with an opportunity to experience the U.S. higher education system, learn more about American culture and values, and participate in community service projects.
Over the last 16 years, 76 Bangladeshi students participated in the program aimed at providing future leaders with an opportunity to enhance their academic knowledge and develop their professional skills. Prominent Bangladeshi Global UGRAD alumni include Rani Ukhengching Marma, a ceremonial queen (Rani) from the indigenous community of Mong Circle based in the Chittagong Hill Tracts. She participated in the program is 2016 at St. Catherine University in Minnesota. After her return, she completed her bachelor’s in public health from Asian University for Women. Ukhenging and her team successfully implemented an Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) project “Learning English–Pathways to Progress.” They helped 300 secondary students of the Chittagong Hill Tracts enhance their English, practice their presentation skills and prepare for the job market. She currently works for the UN World Food Program and seeks to improve the livelihoods of underserved communities with an emphasis on youth empowerment, community participation, and indigenous health.
- Academics: Students will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate coursework chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to take one, three-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States.
- Service Learning: Students will participate in local community service activities to develop their leadership skills.
- Internships: Students will gain hands-on professional experience completing prestigious internships at renowned U.S.-based organizations, businesses, and companies.
- Cultural Exchange: Students will learn about American culture and society in addition to serving as a youth ambassador of Bangladesh through activities such as cultural exhibitions and performances.
- Leadership: Students will enhance their leadership skills by participating in trainings and workshops focused on self-reflection, goal setting, and other topics aimed at providing them with critical tools to become successful leaders in their professions and communities.
Application Deadline and How to Apply:
Applications are due on Thursday, January 6, 2022, midnight. (Bangladesh Standard Time).
To apply and for more information please visit our website and https://www.worldlearning.org/program/global-undergraduate-exchange-program/
And to get your online application form please click here https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/ugrad_student_application_2022
If you have any questions, please contact the Embassy’s Global UGRAD Program Manager, Ms. Tahnia Shahid, at email@example.com.